Oakridge Hobbies | Customer Service & Policy
For product stock availability, order status or backorder status information, please email us using our "Contact Us" mail form (click link at bottom of page). Please include "Name", "Address", "Telephone Number" and "Order Number" or "Invoice Number". Most inquiries are answered during weekdays, within 24 hours via email.
- PRIVACY & SECURITY:
- RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS:
- ORDER TRACKING & SHIPPING INFORMATION:
- PAYMENT, PRICING & PROMOTIONS
- QUESTIONS ABOUT RECENTLY PLACED ORDERS:
- BACKORDERS AND ORDERS PENDING:
- UPDATING ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY:
- LIMITS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- To place a mail/catalog order by phone: Call TOLL-FREE at 1-800-594-5115. Monday - Friday: 10:00-5:00 (CST).
- PRIVACY & SECURITY:
- The Oakridge Corporation
- P.O. Box 247
- Lemont, IL 60439
- Voice: 1-630-435-5900
- Email: Please email us using our "Contact Us" mail form (click link at bottom of page)
- Oakridge strives to provide a safe and fun online experience. We developed this site to be enjoyable and fun for children and adults. To use our websites, Oakridge does not require anyone to share personal information about themselves. You can visit our sites without registering with us. When an adult over age 18 decides to make a purchase from OakridgeHobbies.com or any of our affiliate online shopping sites, we will require personal information to complete your purchase and ship your order. We will ask for your name, address, phone number and a valid e-mail address. We will not use the personal information you give us for anything except what we described above. You have the option to opt-in to receiving a newsletter from OakridgeHobbies.com and you may review your personal information at anytime by clicking the My Account feature. We do not collect or keep personal information online from children under 13 without a parent's permission.
Unestablished customers under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to verify any order placed by phone before an order will be processed. Also, our phone representatives may limit the length of inquiry calls.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a visitor's hard drive for record-keeping purposes. OakridgeHobbies.com uses a "session" cookie to screen out children under 13 who have unsuccessfully attempted to register at the web site or through the 'Contact Us' button. That cookie will be removed once the browser is closed. Certain limited non-personal identifiable information is recorded by The Oakridge Corporation's Internet servers when you visit our site. This limited information includes the type of browser you are using (such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer) and the operating system your computer is using (such as Windows 98). The Oakridge Corporation's Internet servers also keep track of the number of visitors to the site, the pages they visited and how long they stayed. None of this information includes any personal information about you.
If you decide to set up an account at OakridgeHobbies.com, we will ask you to create a login name and a password. You will be the only one who can access your account. When you create an account, you will also have the option to add yourself and your children to the OakridgeHobbies.com Wish List. Persons under age 18 can use the Wish List to browse our online shopping sites, but they cannot make purchases.
We will keep all information about your purchases even after your order has shipped. You can review your online account at any time without making a purchase. If you have not set up an online account with us, or if you have any questions about our online privacy policies or information we have stored about you, please email us using our "Contact Us" mail form (click link at bottom of page).
- RETURNS & REPLACEMENTS:
- DEFECTIVE RETURNS: If the item you wish to return is inoperable, but has no apparent damage, it is considered defective. The instructions on how to handle this type of return will vary, since many manufacturers insist on handling defects directly. Defective merchandise may be returned to us as long as it is in new and unused condition. Used, defective merchandise should be returned directly to the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Be sure that you have already sent your warranty card in for the item. Any and all Defects/Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns.
- Since many manufacturers insist on handling defects directly, assistance with missing puzzle pieces, paint-by-number paints, model parts, slot car parts, remote control parts, doll house parts, toy parts, or missing instructions must be handled directly with the manufacturer for warranty repair or replacement. Manufacturer defects found after the product has been used revert to the manufacturer's warranty (a copy of which can be obtained upon customer request) and they will handle any problems for you directly. If you can determine that a product is defective before using it, we may be able to accept it back for exchange or credit; however, we suggest that you call our Customer Service Department before taking any action.
- DAMAGED RETURNS:
- RETURNING MERCHANDISE: We will accept merchandise for return that was purchased from Oakridge Hobbies, and its affiliated websites, within 30 days of receipt. All authorized returns are subject to a 15% Restocking Fee. Shipping Fees are not refundable. In the event that merchandise is approved for return, the merchandise will either be replaced or a credit will be issued in the form of credit toward another purchase at Oakridge. All packaging of products are inspected prior to shipment. The merchandise must be in new and unused condition and in its original unopened packaging. Opened packaging, broken seals, items removed from packaging, used, tested, abused, crashed items, running fuel through a model engine, installing radio parts in a model, cutting up or opening parts in kits, running out of materials provided in a kit, discarding the packing material are some examples of what constitutes used and unreturnable merchandise. We do not accept returns via COD or billed to Oakridge Hobbies, or its affiliated websites, in any way. No refund will be credited for any shipping costs. No returned merchandise will be accepted without an authorization number. Any and all Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns. (Also see our Special Promotions Section regarding orders received via a "FREE SHIPPING" offer/promo.) All Returns must have a Return Authorization Number. Without a Return Authorization, your return will not be accepted, authorized or recognized, regardless of any proof of mailing. The Return Authorization Number must be clearly marked on the outside of the package in large bold print and adjacent to the address label.
- ORDER TRACKING & SHIPPING INFORMATION:
- Please check your email regularly. Both UPS.com and the U.S.P.O. Priority Mail Service, will send email shipping notifications, to the email address that you provided in your order, informing you that your package is in transit and giving you an estimated delivery date, after your package has been picked up and/or processed at their distribution centers. Please be sure that you have provided us with a legitimate email address, otherwise neither UPS.com or the U.S.P.O. Priority Mail Service, will be able to notify you of any shipping information via email.
- (If you have provided us with a legitimate email address, and you have not received an email shipping notification from either UPS.com or the U.S.P.O., chances are your order has not yet shipped, or perhaps your spamware has blocked the email notification message. We suggest that you also check your email trash/delete folder.)
- PAYMENT, PRICING & PROMOTIONS
- CREDIT CARD ORDERS:
- Oakridge Hobbies, and its affiliated web sites, accepts PayPal, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard credit cards. When using your credit card, please provide your credit card billing address if different from the shipping address and daytime/nighttime phone numbers. If the billing address or the security code does not match that which is on file at the financial institution, if authorization is not given for any reason, or if the issuing bank cannot support verification efforts, we reserve the right to cancel the order without notification. In most cases, "virtual credit cards" cannot be verified. We do not recommend using a virtual credit card on your Oakridge Hobbies orders.
If you regularly ship orders to an address other than your credit card billing address, we ask that you contact your credit card company and ask them to list the address as an alternate address on your account. Credit card companies are very willing to offer this service to you and it could mean less delays when placing your orders with Oakridge Hobbies, and its affiliated websites, and other companies. Please note that we cannot work out credit card problems with the financial institution; you must settle problems with them and reorder once the problem is resolved.When ordering with your credit card please also have your credit card security code available. This code allows us to further verify your card. Credit card orders without a valid security code will be subject to processing delays and our normal shipment arrival estimations do not apply.
- Your credit card will not be charged until your order's in stock items are pulled to fill your order, and your order is processed for shipping (See BACKORDERS below).
- In the event that we run into a problem with your credit card, while processing your order, you be notified via email. If we do not get a response from you, within 72 hours, your order will automatically be cancelled, without further notification.
- PRICE AND/OR DESCRIPTION CHANGES:
- SPECIAL PROMOTIONS, COUPON RULES, DETAILS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- FREE SHIPPING Limited Time Offer:
- Save and Take Money Off Coupons (Save $5 OFF, Take $10 OFF, etc.):
- ONLINE PRICING AND PROMOTIONS - VS - RETAIL STORE PRICING:
- QUESTIONS ABOUT RECENTLY PLACED ORDERS:
- Your customer invoice number can be found on your invoice. Your shopper id may be found on your online order confirmation. Please use the same customer invoice number / shopper id and name whenever you contact us, or when tracking your UPS shipped order at our websites.
- If you have placed an order with Oakridge Hobbies, or its affiliated websites, recently and need some information about it there are a number of ways you may contact us.
- Please email us using our "Contact Us" mail form (click link at bottom of page). Please include "Name", "Address", "Telephone Number" and "Order Number" or "Invoice Number". Most inquiries are answered during weekdays, within 24 hours via email.
- Or you may call Customer Service at 1-630-435-8657 : Monday - Friday: 10:00-6:00 (CST).
- Since we begin processing your order immediately after receiving it, modifications may not always be possible depending on how much time has already elapsed. You may check on the status of recently placed orders on our web site using our UPS Online Tracking Service. Simply type in the appropriate information, including your customer invoice number / shopper id, into the appropriate UPS tracking form at our website (see UPS Online Tracking Service link on the sidebar). If no information is available at the time that you fill out your UPS online inquiry, it may be that you either didn't submit your customer invoice number / shopper id correctly, or your email address that you submitted, was not correct, or the order has not shipped yet, or the order was shipped via U.S.P.O.. When your UPS shipable order is shipped, a UPS "Quantum View" email notification will be sent to the email address that you provided when placing your order. The UPS email notification will have complete shipping and tracking information. Please note: even though UPS is our main shipping agent, not all shipments are shipped via UPS. Some backordered items will be shipped most economically as via U.S.P.O.. Once your order invoices, and has entered our shipping process, and your credit card has been charged your order cannot be changed or canceled. If you Cancel or Refuse an order/shipment that has already been processed and/or shipped, once the order has been refused and returned to us by the shipping carrier, you will be charged for all shipping and handling charges, both ways, plus a 15% Restocking Fee. If you Cancel/Refuse an order that has already been processed, and you have been charged, and your order is in the packing stage, you will be charged a 15% Restocking Fee. PLEASE NOTE: If your order invoice status is "On Hold" due to a backordered item, or if your order is "On Hold" awaiting for anticipated inventory restock shipment, you may cancel your order without any charge, as long as it is prior to your order being picked, packed and your credit card charged.
- BACKORDERS AND ORDERS PENDING:
- Most items ship within seven days. We backorder out-of-stock merchandise whenever possible unless you specify that you do not want an item backordered. Certain sale merchandise, products with uncertain availability, items priced under $10.00 and discontinued items may not be backordered. We only charge our shipping charge once per order and will not charge you twice for orders containing backorders. You may cancel your backorders at any time prior to the order invoicing, being picked, packed and shipping, by emailing or calling into our Customer Service Department. Backorders shipped at our expense will be shipped via the most economical shipper. Refused orders and backorder shipments will be charged the shipping charge, return shipping charge and a 15% restocking fee. We are internationally known for our wide selection of products. Most items shipped within two business days. However, artisan handcrafted specialty scale miniatures, doll house miniatures, scale model building components, and model railroad craftsman building kits, vary in availability, depending on the artisan or cottage industry. Items which are out-of-stock at the time of ordering, please allow 2 - 3 weeks.
ALL Returns MUST have a Return Authorization Number. Without a Return Authorization, your return will not be accepted, authorized or recognized, regardless of any proof of mailing.
Damaged merchandise includes items that have been damaged in shipping. If a shipment arrives at your door with apparent shipping damage, please refuse the delivery. If you have already accepted delivery and then find shipping damage, please call our Customer Service Department immediately. Save all packaging material and paperwork; do not throw anything away! If you attempt to return the merchandise yourself, you will jeopardize our chances of making a claim, and you may not receive credit for the return.
NOTE: ALL ROCKET ENGINES, HAZMAT and FLAMMABLES are shipped U.S.P.O. MAIL Ground, to the continental U.S. only.
UPS "GROUND" SHIPPING - AVERAGE TRANSIT TIMES from OAKRIDGE
NOTE: the "Order Confirmation" that you receive via email, is NOT your invoice, and does not imply that your credit card has been charged. It only serves as a confirmation that we have received your order and it provides you with a receipt of acknowledgement and a reference.
All prices, pictures and descriptions on this site and all other Oakridge Hobbies affiliated web sites and publications are subject to change without notice. Oakridge Hobbies, and its affiliated web sites, maintains no responsibility for inadvertent errors. In the event of typographical errors on our site or in our publications, Oakridge Hobbies reserves the right to cancel or refuse orders at its sole discretion. Please contact us within 10 days of invoice date, regarding price or promotion discrepancies.
During an online Special Offer Promotion only, unless otherwise stated, "Free Shipping" offer is valid only on orders with a subtotal over $100 (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), and only during a promotion (Banner Offer, Pop-up ad, Special Offer Pop-Up, shopping cart offer, or Free Shipping voucher). Orders not meeting or exceeding the coupon or promotion's designated minimum purchase requirement (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), will not qualify for the promotion's offer. Oakridge reserves the right to either cancel the order or process the order under normal online order terms, which would include shipping charges. See QUESTIONS ABOUT RECENTLY PLACED ORDERS, above, for more information. Most items will arrive in just 3 or 5 business days, but allow up to 10 business days as all "Free Shipping" shipments will be shipped ground. Free Shipping orders are shipped via UPS or U.S. Mail Ground in-full or as complete as possible, at our discretion. Out of Stock and/or Backordered items will also be shipped as available, at no extra charge. The order's shipping charges will be deducted from returned items which would make the remaining subtotal amount of the order fall below $100. Full shipping charges will be back-charged on order cancellations, order delivery refusals or on orders with cancelled backordered items which make the subtotal amount of the order fall below $100. Any and all Returns are returned at the customer's expense as we do not reimburse or pay for shipping. We also will not pay for any postage due on any Returns. (See our Return Policy above, for more details.) Offer does not apply to built-up dollhouses, or the additional surcharges on items marked "oversized" or "add additional shipping". However, a discounted shipping charge will be applied. In many cases on surcharged items, or on items marked “oversized” or “add additional shipping”, only the surcharge will be charged. Offer limited to shipments to the Lower 48 states. Continental U.S..Only. (Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico are not consider the Continental U.S.) Oakridge reserves the right to end or change any Free Shipping offer at any time. Offers are available for a limited time only. Free Shipping Offer or Coupon Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, discount, or online shipping or money saving offer. NOTE: This FAQ section does not imply that a Free Shipping Offer is currently running. It is informational only.
To redeem the FREE SHIPPING Coupon Code when we are running one of our Special Free Shipping Offer ad campaigns, when placing your next order, for example, say $100 or more, just follow these easy steps when in the "Shopping Cart" check out:
1. ESTIMATED SHIPPING & TAX - Choose your destination State/Province and enter your Zip/Postal Code (Continental U.S. Only)
2. Click "Get a Quote"
3. DISCOUNT CODE - Enter the promotion code (example: "freeshipping") that you got from one of our printed ads, newsletters, Special Offer emails or an online website promo ad in the *DISCOUNT CODES box,
4. Click the "Apply Coupon" button (Subtotal must be $100 or more),
5. Click "Free Shipping Promo"
6. Click "Update Shipping Costs & Total",
7. Click "Proceed to Checkout"
During an online or in-store Sale or Special Offer Promotion only, unless otherwise stated, the "Save $" and "Take $" special offers are valid on in-store purchases or online orders with a subtotal over the promotion's designated minimum purchase (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), and only during a promotion (Banner Offer, Pop-up ad, Special Offer Pop-Up, shopping cart offer, or Free Shipping voucher). Unless otherwise stated, the "Save $" and "Take $" offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, discount, online sale, or free shipping promotion, or on online "Sale" priced items, Playmobil, or Thomas The Tank Engine Wooden Railway items. Instore purchases not meeting or exceeding the coupon or promotion's designated minimum purchase requirement (before state and local taxes), will not qualify for the promotion's offer. Online orders not meeting or exceeding the coupon or promotion's designated minimum purchase requirement (before shipping, before shipping surcharges and before state and local taxes), will not qualify for the promotion's offer. Oakridge reserves the right to either cancel the order or process the order under normal online order terms, which would include shipping charges. See QUESTIONS ABOUT RECENTLY PLACED ORDERS, above, for more information. For online orders, most items will arrive in just 3 or 5 business days, but allow up to 10 business days as all coupon and voucher redeemed shipments will be shipped ground. Online orders will be sent via ground shipping method, shipping UPS/APX/USMail ground. Oakridge reserves the right to end or change any special offer at any time. Offers are available for a limited time only. The online use a Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, discount, online "SALE - Buy Online for Only", "Special Price" and "Sale" designated and priced Items or online shipping or money saving offer. NOTE: This FAQ section does not imply that a Special Offer (Take Money Off) is currently running. It is informational only.
Online "SALE - Buy Online for Only", "Special Price" and "Sale" designated and priced Items, Banner Promotions and Specials Offers may not be available in our brick and mortar stores as the Oakridge Hobbies and Toys retail stores are operated under a different division of The Oakridge Corporation. Oakridge Hobbies and Toys retail stores reserve the right to accept or deny any price match of any online pricing, whether it be a price quote from OakridgeHobbies.com or its competitors. Please note that not all items sold in our retail stores are available for online purchase at our web site.
NOTE: the "Order Confirmation" that you receive via email, is NOT your invoice, and does not imply that your credit card has been charged.
The Oakridge Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities ("OakridgeHobbies.com") and affiliate sites, accepts no responsibility for crash damage, abuse, aging, dried up paints, glues or solvents, rocket engine miss fires, loss of parts or accessories, etc. incurred during use of any item. In most cases with radio control and slot car racing, it is very difficult or impossible to determine whether crash damage or product failure was actually due to equipment failure or to operator error.
THE SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, AND INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE FUNCTIONS, FEATURES OR CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY PRODUCTS YOU MAY PURCHASE THROUGH THIS SITE OR FROM OTHER AFFILIATE WEB SITES YOU MAY LINK TO FROM THE SITE ARE "AS IS" AND THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD. USE OF ANY OF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED AT OUR SITES ARE "AT YOUR OWN RISK" AND IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO READ ALL OF THE MANUFACTURER'S PRODUCT LITERATURE FOR THE PRODUCT PURCHASED, FOR AGE RESTRICTIONS AND/OR INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROPER USE, PRIOR TO USING AND YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY), HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, JUDGEMENTS, AND FEES AND EXPENSES RELATED TO THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRODUCT PURCHASED FROM THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM, AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES. CERTAIN PRODUCTS MAY BE WARRANTED BY THE MANUFACTURER OF THAT PRODUCT. THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS WITH REGARD TO SUCH MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS YOU PURCHASE THROUGH THE OAKRIDGE CORPORATION, OAKRIDGEHOBBIES.COM AND/OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS.